Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Buxom Big and Healthy Lip Polish REVIEW: The lip gloss that changed my life





First off, I am not a fan of lip plumpers, in general.  The ones I've tried in the past usually sting my lips and have no plumping affect, as promised.  At a recent shopping trip to Sephora, I saw a line made by Bare Escentuals, called Buxom, on display and, to be honest, the packaging drew me right in.  The lip glosses are packaged in boxes with little  pictures of what seem to be burlesque dancers.  Each gloss has a different name.  Now, I'm a sucker for names and I've been known to purchase a product or two solely based on the name.  :)  The names on these glosses sound like stripper.....or....er.....burlesque dancer names.  A few names include  Bambi (a soft, shimmery peach), Dolly, (a shimmery plum), Trixie (a pinkish rose), Sandy (a pink nude), and Bunny (a baby pink).  These are only some of the wide range of color choices available.  Now, these glosses are marketed as a "pout-perfecting lip polish", so there is a slight tingly feeling when applied to the lips.  But, it's a cool, minty feeling, not a sting, like other glosses.  I'm SO in love with these glosses.  I never leave home without one.  I honestly think they put something extra in them because they have me completely addicted.  I actually crave them.  LOL  You can purchase Buxom lip gloss at Sephora and Ulta

To sum up:

Rating:  5 out of 5

Pros:  nice packaging, wide variety of lovely colors, infused w/Vitamins A and E, cooling affect on lips, noticable plumping affect, paraben, phthalate, and sulfate-free

Cons:  A bit pricey, IMO, at $18 each., you may not like the cooling affect if you're not a fan of mint or plumping gloss.

**I purchased these products on my own and am not being paid for this review.**

0 comments:

Post a Comment